I haven’t posted any updates to speak of this month. I did get out to the garage and spend a couple of hours sanding down rib geodetic stock.. What a pain in the ass. I really wish I’d gone a different route than I did on this stuff. I just don’t know what that route would have been. Anyway, today I started taping stacks of geodetic strips together and cutting braces. I’ll do as many as I can before starting to build ribs again, so hopefully when I can return to building I can get some momentum going.
I have to be honest… I look at some of the single-seat parasols and think, “Hey, I could be building half as many wings…” But I just need to stick t this. It will be worth it in the end. I’m working on an idea to semi-automate the sanding of the geodetic stock, I just need to fabricate a couple of guides and use a stepper motor to feed the stock through my sanding rig. That could increase throughput and give more consistent results, while I get other things done.